Friday, April 27, 2012

Accredited, Baby!

 Last week was the week of the greatest news for Mr. Smart Trainer since becoming a SMART Certified Trainer on the SMART Board.  In one week, I was accepted as an Accredited Content Creator on SMART's resource sharing website, SMART Exchange.  This recognizes Mr. Smart Trainer resources as being credible for usage with SMART products. So keep an eye out for the Mr. Smart Trainer logo when checking out different resources.  I plan on keeping my prices more reasonable than anyone else's- FREE! If I'm going to take the time to make it, I'm going to take the time to share it- that's my philosophy.


The second, and comparably the biggest news that came out of last week was that I was chosen as one of fifty to attend the SMART Exemplary Educator Summit, located at SMART's headquarters in Calgary, Canada this summer!  I felt like I won the lottery when I read the news.  I actually high-fived each of my students!  This is such an incredible opportunity and I am so grateful for the chance to see where the pioneers of the interactive whiteboard develop their amazing products.
Lastly, this is not new news, but it is big news- the release of Notebook 11 software!  I had a chance to enter the beta testing late, but participated all the same.  The new look of Notebook 11 is terrific.  So much has been streamline and made more easily available.  Things I have said in the past that need to be "tweaked" have been fixed.  I am very excited about the Activity Builder application as well as the use of widgets and in-slide web browser.  The crayon tool is pretty neat, but one of my favorite new settings is the ability to make the calligraphy pen the default setting for writing!  This really is a great new addition to an already-awesome software.
Don't worry, I won't leave you stranded.  Go to SMART's website, download SMART Notebook 11, and then open my Star Wars Activity Builder activity.  As always, enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by,




2 comments:

  1. Can you let me know how to make the calligraphy pen the default? I'm trying to find out how and can't do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellis,
      You need to select the SMART Board Tools in the bottom right corner. It's the icon that looks like a white CD with a blue square around it. Once the pop-up window opens, select SMART Settings. This will open a new window. Click on SMART Hardware Settings on the left-hand sidebar. Pen and Button Settings should be the default menu. in the bottom left corner, under the eraser icon, there is a checkbox that says, "Use Calligraphic Ink." Select the checkbox and click 'Apply.' If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at mrsmarttrainer@gmail.com.
      Thanks for the inquiry,
      Mr. Smart Trainer

      Delete